NewBeetle photos

Friends, I have seen the NewBeetle back in October. We were receiving a
NewPassat when we noticed 2 NewBeetles on the same truck. This truck had an
enclosed trailer "I wonder why"  Both cars had "Rapgard" covering them. The
driver let us sit in,look underneath,pop the hood. We were told that the
cars were enroute to the Detroit Auto Show that starts this week.
A salesman in our group took several photos. I was able to get 4 and scan
them for my collection. I am glad I did this for the following reason.
VWOA found out about us looking at the NewBeetles and also that we had
pictures. They sent the regional sales rep to confiscate the photos and the
negatives. They tolds us if we didn't hand them over the driver would get
fired. I had a conversation with a Tech engineer at VWOA in Michigan ,and
he told me the NewBeetles were under the strictness of security in a locked
garage. Only a select few people could see the cars.

I have remained quiet about this matter because of the possible retailation
towards my dealer and me.

The NewBeetles I saw were both blue. One had a 2.0 and the other was a TDI.
My reviews of the car is that it appears larger in person, will be a "bear"
to work on. I see alot of resemblence to the original Beetle.

I hope this car is not going to be another Corrado.

After the official release I will make the photos available.

Don