Re: Good Dealer Story! (for a change)

> > Incidently, the service techs at this dealer were the only ones to
> > give me a straight answer regarding warranty and mods.  They are
> > definately keeping my business with service like this!
> >
> Out of curiosity, what was the answer?

If they prove the mod caused the failure, then the warranty of that
part is void.  I was told exactly what would be void with a chip.
(ECU-I opened it, and emissions).  They recommended a certain local
tuner to get chips installed and recommended I shop around cause some
chips fuck up their VAG tool and make diagnosing problems VERY
difficult.  The dealer really gets pissed when they spend time trying
to diagnose a problem and then find the data they've been getting/not
getting is screwy due to a chip.  They suggested I tell them if I
have a chip should I ever need a problem diagnosed (don't think I'll
be mentioning that!)

I went with Garrett's chip cause its invisible to the VAG and contains
all the tests that the stock chip contains.  The dealer would need
these to correctly diagnose problems.

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton