Re: steering wheel replacement

At 06:00 PM 2/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey Man,
>
>The fact that the GLX has airbags was one of my reasons for buying a
>VW. Are you willing to sacrifice safety for asthestics ? Just curious.
>
>Also, how's that Garrett chip working out for you ? I'm considering
>buying one. ( Garrett vs. Authority vs Neuspeed).
>
>jimi
>97 GLX w/ Spax (for now...)

jimi,

        i have been in 5 accidents in my life, one of which had an airbag.
The accident that i was hurt the most in, was the only one that the airbag.
The airbag compressed my glasses into the bridge of my nose and basically
snapped the bridge in two.  it also tore open both of lips, and gave me one
hell of a "carpet" type burn on my forehead.  in my view, i would rather not
have the damn airbags.

Chris
'97 Black Jetta GLX
Garret Chip