dead speaker

well looks like i've got my first warranty issue to deal with.

a few of the austinVW members may recall me complaining
about a crappy soundiing Bose speaker drivers door. i thought
maybe i had blown it with my new head unit- although was
confused as to why only ONE speaker sounded bad...

well, about sixty miles outside of New Orleans (mardi gras was
great! and what a DRIVE!!!) the speaker completely died. once
i arrived at the hotel room i removed the speaker- thank god
for the screwdriver(s) in the VW toolkit as i no longer carry my
own tools- i discovered that one of the leads on the speaker
wires (the one that goes to the cone) was completely broken
off.

capitol city VW in new orleans was very helpful- but they didn't
have another speaker in stock. today when i got back into town
i made an appointment with charles maunde VW for friday...
was told that it shouldn't be a problem- and that they had the
speaker in stock (although to my dismay he didn't even check)

wish me luck...
spank me hard- REAL hard