Shopping for a Jetta GLX -Reply

I do not plan to sell my 96 GLX yet, since it has served great (so far -
38,000 mi).  Still, I can answer to one of your questions:

>     Also, if I buy a car from a private owner, will the 10yr/100K transfer
>     to me?  From what I can tell, a dealer car only comes with the
>     standard used car warranty.

Unless it changed for later models, and unless it's sold to a family
member (strange, huh?) this warranty becomes 5yr/50,000 mi
warranty.
2 yr./24,000 BTB remains unchanged for a second owner.

Good luck
Vojin