VW Beetles

Hi Everyone,

recently in Marietta, GA there was an influx of new '98 Beetles.  I
personally came in contact with 2 red, 2 yellow, and 1 silver '98
Beetle.  It was pretty cool watching the guys drive the Beetles from an
enclosed 18 wheeler onto a flat-bed tow truck, then gradually be inched
off of the flat-bed onto mother Earth.  The Beetles were in town for a
press showing at the Chateau Elan (I think it was 'Elan')  In the
service department there also happened to be a couple of German
gentleman conversing with the service manager.  As they were conversing,
over the intercom the service manager was paged as an urgent call came
thru for him from Mexico.  A few days later, I found out that a friend
who had gone out to the press showing managed to hawk a ride in the
passenger seat of a "SUPER BEETLE"  a.k.a. 1.8 liter turbo engine
equipped Beetle with 17" rims and tires.  After the brief ride he's
planning on selling his Scirocco and putting a $500.00 down payment on a
Super Beetle to occupy the space next to his Corrado SLC.  He mentioned
that the "SUPER BEETLE" had a spoiler which deployed off of the rear
section of the roof.

Take Care,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX