Re: Average Age (Was: Get off the list. . .)

The year was 1980,I learned to drive in my father's heavily modified 911
S Targa.....And promptly graduated to my mom's beat up old vega! ( I
believe this caused me permanent psychological damage)

Yeah what a babe mobile that was. Had a rubber oil pan drain plug cause
the suspension was wasted and if you drove too fast,which I always did
cause my dad taught me right, the car would scrape bottom and rip out
the plug. Then I'd be stranded,with my date, on some rural pennsylvania
two lane with a good 10 mi. walk to civilization. After the first couple
times I got wise and stocked up on drain plugs and oil,always had both
in the back of the car.Of cousre that didn't leave much room back there
for what was really important on those dates....

Loren Bookbinder
'98 P-Blue GTI VR6 (with plenty of room in the back!)