Re: Routine Service Maintenance

On 2/16/98 7:57PM, in message <5b39dd19.34e90ac9@aol.com>, Bunmar@aol.com
wrote:

> Do dealers follow the maintenance schedule word for word?  Or do they do more
> than is listed (ya know, do they use a different list of checks)?

I don't think they do ANYTHING word for word!!!

Example: my last dealer visit I had the ABS <finally, 4th attempt> fixed.  They had to
disconnect the battery.  I've seen the tech procedures for hooking back up - it includes
making note of the customer's radio presets, then when everything is hooked back up
again, they are to be reset and the clock is supposed to be set too.  Hell I'd settle for
the clock being reset, just to show the guy's awake.  Did they do either?  Nope, none of
the 3 visits where I had the battery disconnected did they make any effort to reset
anything...

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@sprintmail.com