alarm system, keyless entry

the keyless entry and alarm system works to keep theives
and other undesireables out of my GLX, but it seems to be
working to keep me IN the car as well...

the other day (predawn very moist dew after 1/2hr drv to
work) i was sitting in my car listening to the radio with the
engine off and the alarm armed itself! i used the key fab
to disarm and looked around to see if i had been triggered
by someone else's remote (nobody around).
well a few minutes later the same thing happened! i
disarmed it again- this time certain that i had not accidentally
hit the button and that there was noone else in sight arming
their vehicle.
well this happend for a total of three times- hasn't happened
before and it hasn't happened since. told a freind of mine at
work who drives a golf GL and she said it happened to her
like that before the alarm crapped out and she had to get it
serviced by the dealer (warranty). she said i need to take it
in immediately.
is there a TSB on this? has it happened to anyone else? i'm
afraid that since i can't duplicate the problem VW is going to
tell me it's nonexistent.

ALSO: i've asked this question once before of the GTI list- but
not the GLX list... no responses yet anyway so i'll ask again.
is there a way to disable the panic button on the key fab and
give it another function? rolling down the windows would be nice.
i don't use my key in the door at all so the key-controlled windows
down feature isn't doing me much good (until the 110degree texas
heat on black/black leather changes my tune.)

'98 Jetta GLX
no longer new- i got my plates and put'em on
only two weeks old today and 750miles already!
i've been taking it easy :)

spank me hard- REAL hard