Re: Euro Switch & High Beams

At 4:00 PM -0600 2/13/98, S. Joseph Mann wrote:
>I'm with Chris!  Khan, I'll believe it when I see it.
>
>I'm sure it's physically possible to rig the electrical system to light both
>filaments in a given bulb simultaneously, I'd almost bet my pink slip that the
>bulbs would last 10 minutes.  And if they did, I'm sure the wiring harness
>directly behind the bulb would eventually toast itself.  The filaments in a
>bulb are, for the most part, the same accept for a reflect on the low beam
>element that keeps is from shining above the light's height from the ground
>(like that made sense).  Anyway, you fire both of these babies up and your
>generating twice the heat the bulb, the housing and the harness was
>designed to
>take. Even if you could do it, I would at the very least call it stupid. (no
>offense)

No offense taken-- My message was simply to say that you get a brighter
effect when you hold the lever, hoping that my story would corroborate one
way or the other if there were one filament, or two, and if so, if both
could be on together.

The answer seems to be yes, there's two, yes, you can light them both at
the same time, and yes, that would be a silly thing to do for an extended
period of time.

- -K