Re: Euro Switch & High Beams

Khan M. Klatt wrote:
> This to me looks like LOW AND HIGH ARE ON AT THE SAME TIME!!!
>
> When you let go of the lever, the low will go off, and you'll be in high
> beam...
>
> So, it seems to me that the experience I've seen allows both low and high
> beam to be on together, so it means that while the Euro switch may not
> currently allow it, it is possible?

This "overlap" is necessary to ensure that there's no momentary loss of
illumination when switching between high & low beam. On a Jetta, which
uses one bulb per side (dual filaments in each), it seems that the
likelihood of blowing the bulb is pretty good if you keep both lit at
the same time.
Chris