The New CVO Webpage

Hi all,

I guess the phrase, "better late than never" could most certainly apply
here. We originally had planned on going live with the new CVO site on the
first of January. The relocation of our host server and the semantics of
making the new domain name function correctly, not to mention my real job,
caused us to delay the release of the new site slightly. Then, having been
hosed by Internic for almost 2 weeks, we finally have things straightened
out and everything is fine.

Finally, it's here! The new Chicago Volkswagen Organization site will be
the last source of current information for the club as far as meetings,
events, locations and times. There will also be a place to become an
official member and join the club. It's short and sweet, and to the point.
Our old site had a lot of extras in it that caused many people problems
with download time. In this page, only the most useful important
information will be listed. No galleries, no java, no frames and no fluff.
Just the facts, mam.

There will also soon be a section that will enable you to download any of
the previous versions of the club's newsletter, The Contact Patch, in Adobe
Acrobat .pdf file format. You can download Adobe's Acrobat Reader off the
web, open the .pdf file up and print it in the same quality and resolution
that it was originally created in, photos and all. This will be a perfect
opportunity to catch up on your reading.

So, if you are wandering through the new site, and happen to find something
that doesn't work or a bad link, please let me know. "Ironing the bugs out"
seems to be a hobby of mine. Also, please let me know of any sites you find
linking to the CVO's page, as I will need to send them an update.

This site is growing with me. In the future, forms will be added to the
Membership page to ease the process of joining, and improvements will be
made to the rest of the site. Check in often to see what is changing in the
club and new in the Chicago watercooled scene.

Check out the CVO page at:  http://www.chicagovw.org/  bookmark the page
and remove any old URL's and/or links.

Thanks for being patient,

Doug Carter

Marketing Director
Chicago Volkswagen Organization, Inc.

Addendum:
Apparently, everyone else can see the site right now, but me. Our server's
proxy still has not refreshed it's DNS paths, and I am essentially blind
until it does. If you notice some problems within the site, let me know, as
I can't see any of them yet.