Re: VW service (everybody chill out)

Thanks for the info don, I'll never buy another VW.

Andy
Subject: Re: VW service (everybody chill out)
Author:  Non-HP-deecee (deecee@exit109.com) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    2/9/98 8:19 PM

At 02:44 PM 2/9/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Everybody put down you're guns!!  Let's not make this into a fire fight.
>
>Our opinions are colored by our experiences. And like most people in society
>(and I think this is a fare stereo type) we tend to focus on the bad ones.
>Don's negative experiences come from seemingly irate and inconsiderate
>customers.  And our (the customers) negative experiences come from seemingly
>inexperienced and/or incompetent and/or dishonest service techs and advisors.
>But, this in no way accounts for everyone.  Especially those on the list.  So
>before we lay into each other, lets try to see things from the opposite
side of
>the track.
>
>And lets watch those stereotypes. On both sides.  They online piss people
off.

>Keep in mind that we come here, for the most part, to solve problems.  And
>often these problems involve our dealer's service department.  i.e. we're
going
>to hear more bad than good on this topic.  So Don, please remember that, and
>guys lets keep in mind Don's the only VW Master Service tech on this group.
>That I know of.
>
>Ok, now you can all tell me to shut up.
>
>:-)
>
>Joe

Joe, Everyone has his or her own opinion and I respect that. I hope they
respect me for mine. I offer my ideas because I see it and deal with it
everyday and try to make a living at the same time.  I know car prices are
not getting cheaper and people are reaching to make the car/lease payment
but we have to bee realistic in our expectations. These cars are made in
Mexico with 90% Mexican manufactured parts. It takes approximately 9 hours
to make a Jetta/GTI from start to finish. VW wants to get it below 7 hours.
The factory uses a lot of pre assembled sub assemblies for quicker
assembly. Also it seems that the cars are made to go together and not come
apart to make repairs.

Each dealer runs their business how they see fit. We do not live in a
perfect world and the car business is sure a far way from being perfect.

I stand behind everything I put in my topic.

I wish there were other VW/Audi technicians that respond to this list to
hear their opinions. I don't want to be the "only bad guy."

As I said in a separate topic I will respond to and try to help anyone who
asks whenever possible.

Don
deecee@exit109.com