Re: VW service (long)

On 2/8/98 7:04PM, in message <199802090304.WAA13292@hiway1.exit109.com>,
deecee@exit109.com wrote:

> Why is it a common practice to slam VW dealerships.

Simple - because there are SO many bad ones.  VWoA knows it, and apparently is
taking steps to filter out the bad apples.

> Remember all the time you bring your car to the dealer it is usually for
> warranty "bitching" and "free service."

That's offensive.  How can you make a blanket statement like that??  Nothing could be
further from the truth in MY case, and a helluva lot of other people too.  While this is
obviously a problem with SOME drivers, please don't lump us all into a group like that.

>  I think it must be a game because some customers like to play hide and seek
> with the wheel lock key. No problem if you think I am going to get the
> master set  because I can't find your hiding lock. Forget it! The tires
> don't get rotated.

Did you ever stop to think that the customer may have simply FORGOTTEN to hand
over the key?  It's not like we use the thing on a daily basis.  Why can't that "well
trained" service advisor remember to ASK for the freakin' thing?  Or if you do happen to
receive a car and it wasn't turned over, why not CALL the customer and ask if it's in the
car or can it be brought by?  Is this asking too much?  I think not.

> Always deal with the same Service Advisor "tipping will get you alot"

I sure hope that this was meant to be humorous!!  Tip the service advisor??  When I'm
paying $73/hour for labor??!!  Right.

You're not doing much to enhance the reputation of VW dealerships here, Don....

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net
'97 GTI VR6