Re: my first dealer visit

Ok, not to be a skeptic, but I've never known a leak to just stop on its own.  Double check
to make sure they didn't put a sealant additive of some kind in your oil.  If so, you may
want to change it soon.

"There is usually no SEATING time. It seals or it doesn't."
                      - Don - referring to said plugs

It leaked from somewhere to begin with, and it stopped for a reason.  Find out why.  Run a
dummy test on them. Ask the service people, innocently, if the pug needed time to "seat/seal"
itself.  If the say yes, then they think YOU'RE THE DUMMY.  And they fail the dummy test.
Then tell them you happen to know a VW master mechanic with over 20 years of experience
(sound right Don?) and then repeat the quote above.  Tell them "I want to know why it was
leaking and better yet, did you add anything to my oil to stop it??!" If so, ask them to
change the oil and you'll be happy.

God! I must really be a pain in the ass as a customer! :-)

Later VW gods,

Joe