Re: New to the list.

David Kim wrote:

[SNIP!]

> the European headlight switch, allows you to disable the Daytime Driving
> Lights (DRL's).  In addition, you retain the ability to have only the
>
> parking lights on
> parking lights and foglights
> parking lights and foglights and headlights
> parking lights and foglights and headlights and rear foglights
> also with the above with high beams
>
> on the European headlight switch there is another setting between the
> off position and the headlight on position, where on the stock headlight
> switch there is only a off position and headlight on position.  With the
> European headlight switch, in addition, to pulling out the headlight
> switch towards you to activate the foglights, pulling the switch towards
> you again activates the rear foglights.  The rear foglights on the
> Jettas are already built in from the factory, but one needs to install
> the bulbs by drilling a 1" hole to insert the bulb and also running a
> wire from the rear foglights to the headlights switch is necessary.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> David Kim
> 1997 Vento GLX
>
> P.S.  Euroswitch approx. $70.00
>       Bulb .50
>       Wire ?

Thanks for all the info. One last thing. Is this Euroswitch
something I order as an option from my dealer or is it an
after market option?

greg.
- --
       _________     USPA: A-20947
       _  / __ __  ___/  _ \_  __ `/    gregory@halcyon.com
       / /_/ / _  /   /  __/  /_/ /     Spacelabs Medical Inc.
       \____/  /_/    \___/_\__, /      Intesys Division.
                           /____/       (206)867-7327