Jetta GLX Info?

What's up,

I've been on this list for about 2 days. I'm looking into buying
another VW. Right now, I own a 91 Golf. I love it to death but I
want to move on. When(if) my Golf craps out, I'll most likely buy
a GLX. I don't mind buying used as long as it is in MINT condition.
Anyhow, what are the differences between the model years. I heard
that since the 1994 model, the grill, brakes, suspension, standard
equipment and optional equipment has changed. I've heard that the
'96 & '97 are the best choices. Opinions?? Is it true that the
95 GLX is a unreliable piece of crap? Is the car SO fast that I won't
be able to open it up on the backroads? I usde to drive a '93 Mustang
5.0 and found it to be impossible to drive it to its limits on any
road BUT a highway. That's one thing I like about my Golf, I can take
it to the limit anywhere I want. Not a very fast car, but definitely
very fun. Does the GLX have anything in common with the Golf as far
as drivability, feedback and fun?  ANY comments/advice is appreciated.

Dan