Re: Comparo Using CarTest

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Kevin Nelander wrote:

> > Hey guys I ran this little comparo using a program called CarTest.
>
> I ran some CarTest numbers thinking about SCCA classifications and such,
> finding out who is an appropriate match to our cars.
>
> Here's a small subset from the 0-100 times
> Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 1995        18.49
> VW GTI VR6 1996                         18.55
> Saab 9000 Aero 1993                     18.57
> Eagle Talon TSI AWD 1995            18.61
> VW Corrado SLC 1992                    18.69
> Acura Legend Coupe LS 1993         18.87
> Dodge Omni GLH-S Shelby 1986     18.98

There's an interesting little subset for you...all similar coupes with
real close times.  Interesting that this put the VR6 GTI faster than the
Corrado.  I wonder why...  I wouldn't want to race the cars in this class,
though, 'cause I bet the DSM's, the C, and the Omni would humiliate the GTI.
Anyone?

- -Dave