I got this from the newsgroup

I bet this guy was bragging for months.. untill he did his Dyno

START QUOTE:

I got my car dyno'ed this past saturday, and I was very depressed.

Here are the engine modifications that I have performed thus far:  stock
airbox and filter, AMS chip, 2.25/2.5" cat-back exhuast with resonator (hard
to explain), Techtonics 268 camshaft, Techtonics cam sprocket, Autotech
OBD-II valve springs, Autotech titanium retainers.

I thought this would be the magic 140hp solution I've heard (and read) so much
about (a la European Car).  So, I bet your asking.. what's the result?

127hp @ the crank (at 2 degrees retard on the sprocket).

Possible factors:  If I get a K&N drop in filter for the box, that might be
good for 1-2hp.  Also, the resonator miight be stealing some power on the
top.  The graph was nice and smooth, and it held the power well... BUT... it's
*not* 140hp!

Now I'm begining to question the results EC has published.  Why?  Well a
friend also tested out his 95 8v GTi.  He basically has identical mods
(Neuspeed chip, Neuspeed 260 camshaft, 2.25" cat-back exhaust, K&N filter for
the stock airbox).  What were his results?

129hp @ the crank (no sprocket).

Similar cars.  Similar mods.  Similar results.  Interesting...

EC! Where is my 140hp!!!

- -Sean [A3/8v/GTi]
END QUOTE

PATRICK SHERMAN