Re: D/SP VWs

Again, let me start by saying that I love my GTi/VR6!

What makes the GTi/VR6 such a bad Autocross car?

1. Too Heavy
2. Suspension is too soft, too much roll
3. Can you say, "Goodyear GA"
4. The class (CSP) is filled with lighter, faster turning cars with more hp

I have seen GTi/VR6 race cars (Road Racing here , not autocrossing) and they
left much to be desired as well. The car just did not have the power for the
class in which it competes. I think a 2.0L version of the VR6 would be a
KILLER race car because it would put the GTi in a class with cars more
similar to itself. With a 2.8L, you get to run with M3's and 911's (good
luck).

What the GTi/VR6 is, is one awesome road machine.  Tons of torque and just
enough luxury to enjoy the 120mph commute to work. : )

Harry

Please excuse my ignorance,(having never raced and being unfamilliar
with the different classses/catagories), but what makes our GTI VR6's
such lousy autocrossers and would they fare any better in road racing?

             Loren Bookbinder
             '98 Porcelain Blue