Re: D/SP VWs

Mark,
      Thanks for your analysis. I don't normally post these experiences
to the group but since you mentioned BMW 3 series cars......
       Last friday I pulled up behind a BMW 325i rag top at a stop
light. We were both in left hand turn lane. I couldn't resist so I
revved the VR6 and waited for a response, ( I Knew they would hear me
cause the top was down), both the driver and passenger glanced back and
then the BMW driver revved,just what I'd hoped for!
The light turns green and off we go....left hand turn onto a 3 lane
slightly curving road,325i guy gets the jump on me and changes lanes to
avoid traffic,I follow, two car lengths behind in 2nd. we now have less
than 1/2mi. to the next stop light. As I clear the traffic on our left
I'm only one car length behind, I switch lanes to pass,shift to third
and put the boot to it leaving the little red BMW behind surprisingly
quickly! By the time I wind out in 4th those guys are waaay behind me
and the stop light is getting very close,so I'm hard on the brakes and
look to my right as team 325 catches up (preparing to head right to an
on ramp) to my surprise they both smile and give me a hearty thumbs up!
 I bet if they been beaten by a honda they wouldn't have been so
friendly.....
Anyway I'm not too proud of myself, I'm guessing those 325i's only have
a 4 cyl.under the hood and the other guy had a passenger while I was
solo, still it's always fun surprising people with my GTI ........

                Loren Bookbinder
                '98 Porcelain Blue