Re: D/SP VWs

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Arthur Emerson wrote:

> As I just found out in a clarification from the SCCA, *any* Passat
> (except the new B5 chassis) is eligible for DSP.  With the Mazda RX-3's
> getting the boot, the class is wide open now.  No Passat ran in DSP
> at Nationals last year, so who can say how they will do. Having a VR6
> in a class with 8V's seems like an advantage, but the other cars
> are all lighter.

Can someone explain how the cars are placed in their SP classes?  For
example, all A3 VWs are in DSP...given the same suspension, wouldn't my
GLX have an advantage over a Jetta GL?

I'm just not sure what the general rule of thumb for what does where in
the SP classes is.

- --
John A. Kilpatrick                                Systems Administrator
kilpatri@mti.sgi.com                  Silicon Graphics Inc., MIPS Group
Work: (650) 933-4387                              Pager: (650) 428-6218
                "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind..."