Re: D/SP VWs

>As I just found out in a clarification from the SCCA, *any* Passat
>(except the new B5 chassis) is eligible for DSP.  With the Mazda RX-3's
>getting the boot, the class is wide open now.  No Passat ran in DSP
>at Nationals last year, so who can say how they will do. Having a VR6
>in a class with 8V's seems like an advantage, but the other cars
>are all lighter.

Is this for real? A 2.8L V6 in DSP? Did the clarification come from SCCA
"HQ"?

>BTW, the jettaglx and gti-vr6 lists are probably not the best place
>for answers on older VW's.  There are Scirocco and an A2-16V lists
>out there which will prove much more valuable.  The GTI VR6's claim
>to autocross fame was a second to last place finish in CSP at Nationals
>last year.....

The GTi/VR6 and the Jetta GLX make miserable autocrossers. Don't flame me, I
have a GTi/VR6 and I KNOW it is a poor choice for either GS or CSP.
Translated, in GS the Cameros will kill you and in CSP the RX-7's will kill
you! My 1980 Scirocco is a much faster autocrosser than my GTi/VR6.

A VR6 Passat in DSP? Who knows, but I would be surprised to see it "go all
the way".