Re: D/SP VWs

Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> What is the hot setup for D/Street Prepared?  I would guess it's a '75
> Scirocco with an '81 engine (1715cc?  1800 cc?)  Any tips on what it takes to
> do this conversion?  I'm all ears...

As I just found out in a clarification from the SCCA, *any* Passat
(except the new B5 chassis) is eligible for DSP.  With the Mazda RX-3's
getting the boot, the class is wide open now.  No Passat ran in DSP
at Nationals last year, so who can say how they will do. Having a VR6
in a class with 8V's seems like an advantage, but the other cars
are all lighter.

BTW, the jettaglx and gti-vr6 lists are probably not the best place
for answers on older VW's.  There are Scirocco and an A2-16V lists
out there which will prove much more valuable.  The GTI VR6's claim
to autocross fame was a second to last place finish in CSP at Nationals
last year.....

- -Arthur
1995 GTI VR6
#16 GS  PSCC/NYR-SCCA