Re: noises

At 1:28 AM -0500 12/25/98, P2floyd@aol.com wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>Happy holidays and all that stuff, but I have a prob with my car if someone
>can help me. It snowed here in Maryland yesterday and I had to drive around in
>it. Well, this morning, I took the car out and now whenever I go over bumps or
>accelerate hard, there's this rattling in the back of the car. It sounds like
>something came loose and is clanging, rattling, whatever up against something.
>I checked under the car but I can't see anything that would be the problem. I
>even looked in the trunk. Maybe its something inside the body? If anyone knows
>about something like this or has the same prob can you fill me in? TIA.

Try checking the seatbelt receptacles in the back seat. This happened to
me, and eventually I noticed that the rear seat belt holders were close to
each other and rattled as I drove. I'll bet that if this is the case, you
recently had your rear seats down, or had a rear passenger...

Pulling them apart a little (by hand, takes ~1 second) solved the problem.
If that doesn't fix it, try putting the rear seatbelt buckles into the
grooves by the door. That could be it too.

Essentially, "lock and load" everything down, and see if it goes away.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225