Re: Removing the suitcase.......

>Has anyone removed their resonator and kept their stock muffler in place?  If
>so, how has it changed the sound of the exhaust.  I know that the removing
>the
>suitcase saves weight and want to know the benefits/risks before doing so.

My brother yanked the suitcase from his '92 CorradoSLC. The sound of the
exhaust is much louder, now, especially at lower rpms and at idle. Very
rumbly. Weight savings, yes, benefits and risks are higher flow (which
either means better exhaust flow and more hp or less back pressure and
fewer hp - I don't know for sure which) and risk of damaging the muffler
due to increased flow through it. But that would be negligible, I'd
think. Ask him, though - ravee@lamere.net.
-Tom
'95 JettaGLX
'84 JettaGLi (now with heat!)