RE: Brake rotors

I have a hand-held impact like you are talking about.  I order mine from the
Sears catalog for $20.00.  It works great.

As for the wheel bearings, you don't necessarily have to replace them.
Inspect them thoroughly for abrasions or heat damage.  Also, check for wheel
bearing play before removing the tire.  If there is no play & no signs of
damage, it is perfectly OK to reuse the existing wheel bearings.  You will
need to have a shop with a hydraulic press to press the bearing races out of
the old rotors & press them into the new rotors.  You can do this yourself in
a pinch with a hammer & brass punch or the correct size socket, but it is a
pain in the ass & very easy to accidentally damage the races.  Also, bearings
& bearing races are matched sets.  Therefore, make sure that the right side
wheel bearings are put back together with the races from the right side & vice
versa.  One more thing.  regardless of whether or not you replace the
bearings, replace the inner bearing seals.  They are usually damaged in some
way when they are removed from the hub.

Michael Keith
Pasadena, TX
'98 Jetta GLX