RE: NewJetta impressions (interior)

One question for the genius who decided on the placement of the
cupholder.........What happens when you have to stop short?!?!?! Where do u
think all the liquid in the cup is going to spill on to? It's gonna spill
over your entire console.....your heating and cooling levers, your stereo
controls and your air vents. What a boneheaded design that is. I agree with
Don too with the placement of the stereo controls in regard to the manual
transmission, it's a tough spot. Your wrist has to do a couple bends in
order to operate anything. I am wondering though if the dealer can switch
the placement of the components in the center console if they wanted
to.....each component has basically the same space allotted for itself so
why not swap them around. For example, I saw in EC a pic of the New Jetta
with the stereo component at the bottom of the console and the temp controls
on top......but at a dealer near me they had a New Jetta on the showroom
with the temp controls on the bottom and the stereo on top.....what gives?
Any input on this Don?
As far as the exterior goes, I think I have to wait and see how the car
looks with the GLX trim before I pass final judgement. I think the 16"
wheels and leather and all the goodies will improve the look of the car.
Later,
-FlyinVR6
ICQ : 8994103
AIM : SwiftVR6