RE: sad day, maybe..

Chris,

A 1964 would either be a late 356C or a very early 911.  My dream was to
own a Porsche and I bought a 1964 911, the first one in Australia.  The
car was magic, 2litre, carburettors, twin/triple choke webers, 130bhp.
No aerodynamic aids at all and felt very light at 120mph plus.

I loved the car and always regret selling it, parts were expensive, but
I had it three years with no major problems.  I eventually had to sell
it as i was moving to an isolated mining town and deceided I needed a
4WD.

I sold it for $6,000 in 1976, that car is worth $50,000 now !!!

If your dream is to own a Porsche, do it.  If you don't like it you can
always sell it again, probably at no loss.  Family commitments preclude
me from owning another at this time.  But soon !!!

Trevor
'96 Vento (Can't get a GLX) !!