a4 chassis wheels vs. a3 chassis wheels vs. b5 chassis wheels

I threw out this question without being specific enough I presume. For the
sake of keeping things straight, I will use lower case when designationg a
chassis (a4) and upper case when talking about a specific car like an Audi
(A4).

Here's what I do know. The Jetta 3, GTI/Golf 3 are a3 chassis.

The a4 chassis is shared by the Audi A3, Audi TT, New Beetle, Jetta Mk 4,
Golf Mk 4 and Skoda Octavia.

The B5 is used by the Passat (new version), Audi A4 and a variation called
the C chassis houses the A6.

Now my question? Are a4 chassis 5-lug wheels compatible with a3 chassis
5-lug (VR6 equipped in US) cars, or are they compatible with the b5 cars
including the Audi A4.

I know the Passat and Audi A4 are compatible. I know that they are not
compatible with mk 3 cars. But where do mk 4 cars fit into the mix? I
believe them to be compatible with a3 cars, but I saw a classified over the
weekend that listed a set of wheels that would fit b-chassis cars, new
beetles or new jettas. That confused me. Was the guy on drugs or am I? -G