Future Cars

Hey Folks,

I saw a really good show last night on TLC (The Learning Channel),
"Future Cars".  The reason I bring this to your attention is because
there was some very good coverage of VW and AUDI in the 2 hour program.
Including the AUDI TT, AL2, the W12 AVUS, the VW Beetle (new and old),
Golf and that wild W12 VW that you may have seen on VWVortex.  The show
is about the design of modern and future automobiles with a good 30
minutes on alternative fuel technologies.  It was a very fascinating
program.

Not that anyone cares, but they also talked a good deal about Chrysler's
current state of the art design center, which supposedly boasts more
computing power than NASA.  They showed a drive simulator at Mercedes
that looks and functions like a commercial flight sim. They actually got
it from Boeing, if I remember correctly.  They stick any car inside this
box on a hydraulic platform and the system can simulate almost any
driving conditions without ever putting the car on the road.

There is only one more airing of this program scheduled, this Sunday at
1:00 PM EST. If you love cars, WATCH IT!  And it you don't have cable
get a friend to tape it.

http://tlc.discovery.com/sched/domestic/episode/81/550662000.html

                       Air Time(s) Eastern Time:

                       TLC - 02 Dec 1998 - 09:00 PM