Re: No More Tranny Problems?

I heard that a guy in a 98 GTI blew up his tranny at the Drag Wars I was
at.  It was from wheel hop.  He was an amateur though;)  Couldn't get
his car past a 16 in the 1/4.  Anyways, I thought the tranny was better,
but I guess it is still possible to fragment it.  I think he drove
throught the water in the burn out area, and didn't do a burn out, so
half of his tire was wet, and the other half was dry, thus creating the
grab, spin thing.  If this ever happens to anybody, back off the
throttle immediatly, and save your self some trouble.

Billy T.