Re: Re: top speed run

I have heard that the speedo is intentionally set higher than the actual
mph on foreign cars to lessen the chance of speeding tickets.  If an
automobile has a history of speeding tickets, the US can charge a higher
tariff to the manufacturer when importing that car.  Thus, buy having
fewer tickets associated with an automobile, VW, for instance, can
import their cars into the US at a lower $ amount, passing the savings
along to the buyer.
If this is not true, it at least sounds pretty slick.

Steve
'97 GLX Green