Re: 5HP Air Condition Mod

> Ok you got me on this one, what is the "5HP AirCondition" mod, and how is
>it performed? (don't flame me, just haven't seen this discussed recently)...

Joke! Joke. Is a joke!
   Check out your 'climate control' cluster. Check out the fan speed dial.
Check out the words "AIRcondition" beneath same. Turn on your lights. Hey,
"AIRcondition" is not lit up. Okay. With care, pry the cover off of the
'climate control' cluster (leaving the dials in place, I believe). It can
come all the way off (hard), or you can simply pry up the bottom edge
(not as difficult). There is a strip of black tape which has been put on
that cover's backside, covering the "AIRcondition." Peel off this tape
(it's on there pretty well, but removable). Voila! Now it's lit. That's
the mod. 5hp is a joke ... kind of similar to how adding a racing stripe
adds (or deducts, depending upon your tastes) 10hp, and 50lbs of stickers
adds (if you're a Honda owner) or deducts (if you're not) 80hp and a NOS
system. You see? Wheee.

1984 JettaGLi  (191k miles) <--- needs paint and a G60
1995 JettaGLX  (057k miles) <--- needs waxing and a WR12

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/