RE: Stereo Removal Tool

Hi Brian..

Once you get the receiver out, you'll see how it works.. :-(

I think I just used a thin strip of metal on each side, but the key for
me was to remove the A/C controls so I could get my hand up under the
radio and push from the rear.  That way, when I got the latch undone, I
could push that side of the radio out a bit so it wouldn't re-latch.

Good Luck, it was tough to get out until I saw how the latch works...

BTW, I don't buy the dealer's argument about theft.  The durn radios are
coded anyhow, so who would steal it?  More dealer BS.

Matt Cleland					cleland@stlnet.com
98 Jetta GLX
Black/Biber