damn wheel lock... bad day, again.

VeeDub people,

        Great day today, nice outside, not too hot/cold, little breeze...
thought it would be a good time to rotate my tires (and clean the rims
inside and out!!).  Get one side done, move to the other, put wheel lock key
in bolt, start to unscrew it and wham!!!  the bar rotates around, knuckles
crash into pavement (nice wound) and me doint the @#^@#-me dance.  I look at
the wheel lock -- nothing wrong.  I look at the wheel lock key -- bingo!
The funky design that mates with the wheel lock is all torn apart.  It's
bent in one place, gone in another place, and torn from the rest of it in
another place...
        Obviously, this creates a problem...  I guess I will go to my dealer
Monday morning and see how long to get a replacement.  I have my code for
the key and am avoiding any debris in the road because having a flat at this
point would be very bad.
        Has anyone ever done this, and does anyone know about how long it
takes to get a replacement???

    thanks for the help guys,

Chris Phillips
'97 Black Jetta GLX