Fuse #4 = High Speed Fan

I have confirmed that the #4 fuse which is also wired into the heated
mirrors and the rear wiper (GTi) also is wired to the high speed fan control
and auxiliary water pump.  While exiting my car after an afternoon
appointment today, with the A/C on, the high speed fan was blowing balls
out.  I pulled the #4 fuse and viola, high speed fan stops, replace kicks
back on.

This is just an FYI for those folks thinking about yanking the #4 fuse to
kill those superfluous heated mirrors during the summer months.  Your car
will run hot, hot, hot.  Take it from me, my car has run normal temps since
this fuse was replaced.

Education is a wonderful thing.........

Really calls into question whether the dealer truly replaced my fan control
module or just inserted a new fuse!

Bill Schleusner 97GLX - all fuses present and accounted for
b-schleusner@ti.com