Summary of 1998 VR6 problems?

     Hi, interesting thing happened to me today that made me look at our
     cars from a different perspective.  There is this guy at work that
     just bought a brand new 1998 Jetta GLX.  I droped him a line to let
     him know that I had a GLX too and to make him aware of all the
     resources on the net.   Well I heard back from him after he looked at
     a few of the archives and his question to me was "do these cars have a
     reliabily problem?"  Most of the archieves he read were "I love car,
     BUT have had this, that and the other thing go wrong."
        My point is to outsiders our cars look like a piece of crap.  I
     know this isn't exactally accurate but what should I tell him.  My
     1995 has had its share of problems, but they don't really apply to the
     1998's anymore.
        Could owners of 1998's write me with the problems these cars are
     having so I can let him know what to look for.  A few come to mind, of
     course the O2A transmition problems, the EDL traction control causing
     TFS.  What else?  Does the ABS light still come on, and is there cold
     stalling?, or was that a 1997 thing only.

     Thanks,
     Andy Atwell