Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #243

> On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:24:31, vw-j@webtv.net (Jeremy Brandow) wrote:
> Subject: ghost window
>
> I have had my 98 glx since January first of this year.  I don't have any
> complaints , it is an awesome car.  I have been having problems with my
> passenger side front window.  It seems to have a mind of it's own.
> Sometimes I try to close it and it rolls up fine, other times it rolls
> up, and then back down to its open position. right where it was before.
> It is annoying, but I really don't care all that much.  I am just glad
> that I have a glx.  I am wondering if this is a common problem?  Is it
> fixed without any reoccurances?
>
> jeremy brandow 98 red glx

I also have a 98, and I had the same thing start happening
intermittently to my driver's window.  At the same time that that
started happening, my driver's side rear window stopped functioning
altogether.  I took it in, and service said it was just a loose
connection.  Whether it was, or there's some dark secret conspiracy to
keep me from knowing what it really was, I dunno, but they fixed it
right quick.  I consider it as one more reason to slowly torture to
death in inventive ways whoever invented Molex connectors.

Bruce Stapley
Black 98 GLX