Hot mirrors

Quick question for you guys.  I happen to be going through a drive-thru at a
local restaurant.  I went to grab my side mirror, to pull it in so I don't
scratch it.  And Guess what, I nearly burnt myself!  The mirrors are not
warm but are HOT!!  It had to be at least 75 degrees outside.  There is no
reason why the mirrors should be that HOT!  Has anyone else noticed this?
What can be done about this?

BTW. I feel like a total dipstick.  Instead of screwing out the pre-screen I
cut it out.  Ah....what can I do now?

Franklin Mosley
98 GLX BLACK/BLACK