Re: Removing rear Jetta emblem

From: James R. Wetzel <jrwetz@bellatlantic.net>
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM <jettaglx@igtc.COM>
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: Removing rear Jetta emblem

>order your quad-rounds, trick that GLX out to your taste.  I cannot
>stand the thousands of stock BMWs, VWs and Mercedes I see everyday ( I
>live in Philly) that are owned by some stupid rich asshole who does
>absolutely nothing to their vehicles.  Good luck.

I'm absolutely not a rich man, but I should be a stupid asshole because I
just damn love with passion my A2 Jetta being just as it was taken out of
the dealer (forgot the OEM rubber mats I bought for it). I keep my cars for
more than a decade, and people always teel me how beautiful is my car
because it's too rare to see an A2 Jetta stock as good and original as if it
had 3000k miles in it.

My new modifications planned in September:

Repaint the car from Alpine White to Pearl Green (as '98 GLXs) because the
paint is turning a bit burned, and doesn't fix after polishing. OEM paint.

Recarpet the floor, doors, and seats from Galles Grey patterns to Black
Velour as '98 GLXs. OEM fabrics.

Change the instrument cluster to a new GLI type (OEM) with tachometer,
install the OEM cruise control.

I plan to renew my car to have it for another 8 years at least. My new car
will be an A4 1.8 Turbo (A Jetta A4 of course). But both should look as new.

Who agree with my taste?.

- Alex Kunstmann