Re: Re: Bose Stereo on 98 GLX

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998 18:49:59, "John A. Gersic" <jgersic@bellatlantic.net>
wrote:
> Subject: Re: Bose Stereo on 98 GLX
>
>  To Bruce Stapley..
>    In your post you mentioned you put a new head unit in your GLX going
> through the Bose Amp in the back. What kind of head unit did you replace the
> stock with?

I don't have the Panasonic changer, or indeed any changer, in my Jetta.
Therefore I was free to put any bloody head unit in I desired,
unconcerned with the changer-controllability features of the piece.  I
bought a Sony ES-760 CD receiver.  I posted on it a couple of months ago
in a thread discussing the pros and cons of OEM versus Panasonic
changers versus alternative choices.

> Did you get a wiring harness for it (from someplace like
> Crutchfield)?

Nope.  Splice and dice.  (Although I'm sure Crutchfield probably has
one.)

> I have the stock CD changer in the rear, if I get a Panasonic
> head unit to replace the bose, will it be able to control the cd changer?

I have no idea; you'd hafta ask an installer on a unit-by-unit basis.

> (and go through the bose amp in the back).

Sure; anything will.  It's designed for high-level (speaker-level)
inputs.

Happy hunting,
Bruce Stapley
98 GLX