muff-lahs

    As a somewhat thrifty GLX driver, I've been reading posts about different
exhausts and how well work (i.e. remus) and have come to the conclusion that
4-5 HP for $300-550 is not a bang for the buck kindof mod.  Has anyone tried
putting a different muffler and removing the suitcase for a little bit of
sound and maybe a few extra ponies?  I cannot decide what type of muffler I
should use.  I've been looking into either a Brullen or a sebring tuning
muffler but I don't know which one to choose.  I was also considering a Greddy
muffler (rice boy muffler) because they sound deep and not too loud.  I'm not
looking for it to be too loud, but I want a quality sound that doesn't sound
"rice-y".
    Does anyone know or have tried any of the mufflers i listed on a VR6?  Or
have any other reccomendations?

Matt
95 jetta GLX
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5464