Headlight covers

<snip>
>Headlight covers for around $59.  I took a stone in one of my headlights
>when I had the car only a couple of months. Ran $114 for replacement
>headlight assembly.  If your interested in this kind of thing you may want
>to check out Stone Gard. It's a 3M plastic that you stick on the headlight
>or foglights. I'm thinking of going with this because I noticed just this
>weekend that I took a stone in one of my foglights. Fortunately it's only a
>little chip but I think I should get something to protect it from rocks and
>other road debris.  Do you know anyone who is using the Stone Gard plastic
>Lam?  The problem with the Lexan covers is in the winter if moisture gets
>behind the cover it can freeze and defract or block the headlight. I'm
>thinking maybe Stone Gard is the way to go.
<snip>
Sorry I'm a little late in responding to this...I bought the laminate
film cover that Griot's Garage offers. It's been on for over a year now.
Works great and is essentially invisible. Put it on and forget about it.
$22.95 for a 10"x16" sheet (need two).

I'm using snap-on covers for the fogs (made specifically for our cars). I
was concerned that the film might cause heat build-up resulting in
cracked lenses (in fact Griot's used to offer a thinner film specifically
for fogs). Anyone using film on their fogs?

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige