Re: Bose Stereo on 98 GLX

On Aug 5,  9:13pm, John A. Gersic wrote:
> Subject: Bose Stereo on 98 GLX
>   I have a 1998 GLX which I just purchased (first Jetta was a GL)..anyways
> away from performance modifications (whole other subject)...I wanted to know
> if there is a way to replace JUST the head unit and keep the Bose amplifier
> (under the rear deck), and the stock CD changer...I already called
> Crutchfield, and they have a wiring harness adapter, but there is no 'OEM
> integration' adapters that they carry for some of the other cars.
>   Any tips/ideas/anyone done it? Again, all I want to do is replace the
> stock head unit (Bose/made by Panasonic), and keep the amp, CD changer. Will
> another Panasonic head unit work?
>   Thanks, all your comments/help was great with the chip recommendations
> before..

If you wish to keep the CD changer, then you'd need to get another Panasonic
head unit and run another changer cable.  I replaced my head unit with a
Clarion (no changer) and love the sound.

--
John A. Kilpatrick                        Systems/Network Administrator
kilpatri@sgi.com                       Silicon Graphics Inc., Team TREX