RE: Locking Gas Flap

At 03:38 PM 8/4/98 -0700, you wrote:

>[Obligatory Jetta GLX content] Say, Bob, can you elaborate on what each of
>these are, what they do, and an approximate cost?
>
>>lexan light covers,

Headlight covers for around $59.  I took a stone in one of my headlights
when I had the car only a couple of months. Ran $114 for replacement
headlight assembly.  If your interested in this kind of thing you may want
to check out Stone Gard. It's a 3M plastic that you stick on the headlight
or foglights. I'm thinking of going with this because I noticed just this
weekend that I took a stone in one of my foglights. Fortunately it's only a
little chip but I think I should get something to protect it from rocks and
other road debris.  Do you know anyone who is using the Stone Gard plastic
Lam?  The problem with the Lexan covers is in the winter if moisture gets
behind the cover it can freeze and defract or block the headlight. I'm
thinking maybe Stone Gard is the way to go.

>>micron interior air filter,

The micro filter kit you can get from ND to filter the interior air for ~
$43. Comes with a mounting housing and filter. I believe the newer GLX's may
come with this feature. My father's Passat came with one stock.  Good
feature if you drive in dusty areas or just to filter the pollen from coming
inside.

>>ND 8mm wires,

ND replacement spark plug wires I think for about $69.00.  I replaced my
wires after VW's recalled campaign on the wire.  My engine was missing every
once and a while even after they replaced the wire. So I figured chuck the
whole set and get a new one from ND. Results: Engine runs better has more
zip and doesn't miss anymore!

>-Khan
>
>--
>Khan Klatt
>1997 VW Jetta GLX
> -->All-weather Package
> --> Clarion CD Changer
> --> Locking gas door
> --> AirCondition Tape
>
>(Bilstein HD/Neuspeed Sofsport coming Aug. 3rd
> Mintex Redbox Brake Pads coming Aug. 3rd
> K & N Drop-in Filter coming Aug. 3rd)

E-Mail

Home: rmalinka@spec.net

Work: rmalinka@fairchild.lmco.com