Re: Factory Changer vs Head Unit

I am not gonna start a long drawn about debate about this one...But yes,
it might have been an "okay" deck ten years about...But today it is
1997.  Any deck installed in a vehicle should be at least able to
reproduce sound across the band.  Every person who has sat in my car and
listened to the stock system said that the highs (treble) were very
subdued and that the cymbals were not very well defined.  In case you
haven't listened to the bose system I suggest you do.  And yes, most
people wouldn't really care about the difference, but the minute you
have someone considering upgrading to a cd player you need to make sure
that at _least_ the deck is reproducing the full scale.  Here is an
experiment for you to try...Go listen to a FM modulated cd changer in a
car, and then go listen to a regular cd player in a equivalently
equipped car...You will hear the difference if you use a fidelity track.
Sure a lot of things out there are placebo effect...But I don't believe
this is one of those cases.  Whats the point of upgrading to 400 dollar
german mbquart speakers if the deck isn't doing its job properly?  It's
like...well putting a V6 in a sedan, calling it a sports car and putting
Eagle GA's on it!!! It just doesn't work ;)  (That was a feeble attempt
at humor...please bear with me.)  Anyways, it's late, and I am sure
everyone is sick of hearing about this, so I will sleep now :)

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
jetta.aosi.net

>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:37:52 -0400
>From: Vaso Bovan <Vaso_Bovan@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Re: Factory Changer vs Head Unit
>To: "INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM" <jettaglx@igtc.com>
>
>Message text written by INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM
>>Simply put, the stock Bose Panasonic headunit does make a difference.
In=

=