Factory Changer vs Head Unit

Message text written by INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM
>  I was told by someone on this list that the
factory head units are of poor quality...I'm thinking that a new head uni=
will improve sound
quality but it's a risk.  What if it doesn't?<

This is not so. The later (1996+) factory unit is of good/adequate qualit=
for most human ears and has some features you lose if you install an
aftermarket unit . There's a lot of self-delusion in this sound-system
business. Aftermarket units sound "different" - and this is often mistake=
for "better."  I improved the sound of my GTi system by installing new
speakers -- MBQuart sells kit QM218.21 specifically designed for
Golf/Jettas. MBQuart has two or three version of the kit depending on how=

much you want to spend.