Re: Dealers in SF Area

Jeffrey J. Hoover wrote:

> I'm taking my GLX to Carlsen Motors in Palo Alto for my 6K service next
> week. I'll let you know then. I've also heard good things about Sunnyvale
> VW (formerly Stan Antonio).
>
> Of course this doesn't help much if you're in Santa Rosa... ;-)
>
> BTW- Can we rant about long .sig files now?

Hehehe, rant away! I've actually been to Sunnyvale VW and Mel,
the head service guy is pretty knowledgeable. They carry a bunch
of Neuspeed stuff and will honor the factory warranty even if
your car has aftermarket stuff on it. About the only thing we
argued about is that he claims that Neuspeed springs can be used
with stock shocks.  No thanks, Mel, I'm not really into the
bouncy kinda ride. They do good work though and one time I was
there, they noticed that one of my tires was running low on
air and pumped it up for me. I think they're good people and
worth at least a chance to earn your business if you reside
in the area. I'll be taking my car to McNevin VW in Berkeley
for its 5K service very soon and will let everyone know how
that goes. Every service I've gone there for (previous car,
94 Golf LE) was a good experience and I hope that it continues.

On another topic, I was reading somewhere that the 93-94 Corrado
SLC actually came with a rod-actuated shift linkage as opposed
to the normal cable-linkage on cars w/ 020A transmissions.
I think it was EC and yes I know, the article could be questionable!
If this is true, would a conversion be possible? Don, what
do you say? The throws on my cars transmission are extremely
sloppy and it makes quick shifts virtually useless - on more
than one occasion during spirited driving, i've managed to
mis-shift and this has never happened to me with my old Golf.
I hope this can be fixed with an adjustment <sigh>.

//VA
97 Jetta GLX