Re: GLX to A4 where's the $8,000? diff.

I know that this subject has been covered before but I just purchased
a 97 Jetta GLX. Its always interesting when you tell non-car-buff
folks that you have a VW and get a "gee thats neet" remark or does
it still have the engine in the back.

The point is "You bought the car because you liked it". If I had
bought a 318 "which actually cost less than the Jetta" folks
would say "must be nice to be able to afford a BMW.
The same thing when I had a Saab Turbo (used and cost me 6k) my
boss with his 26 k sport ute said 'I must be paying you too much'..ya right.

I think that the jetta is a good value. If you check the specs,
it runs with a lot of more expensive cars. I never met a car I didn't
like, well maybe a Pacer or Gremlin.

Bottom Line...no matter what you drive, someone will have something
better, faster, slicker...and he/she with the best toys still die's.

jfleck